A GOOD WORD

Our Lord has a wonderful plan for every child who loves Him and no satanic attack against His children can ever alter those plans. God knows the sorrows, struggles and pain we may be facing today, but He also knows the glorious things He has laid out ahead of us. He knows the revelation we'll receive, the usefulness we'll enjoy, the fruit we'll see, the joy and peace we'll possess. He has a "good word" for all who love Him!

"God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit" (1 Corinthians 2:10). The Lord desires to show us His "good word" about what He has prepared for us, and His Spirit is the messenger who bears that good word. The Holy Spirit will give wings to our drooping spirits with God's revelation to us and we will fly as eagles out of Satan's snare!

Listen to these wonderful words from Isaiah:

"Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: but they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" (Isaiah 40:28-31).

The work of the Holy Spirit is to encourage us and our work is simply to trust Him to fulfill what the Father has sent Him to do.

Go to your secret closet right now, even in your discouraged state, and quiet yourself before the Lord. Even if you don't have enough strength to speak, you can reach out to Him in spirit with this prayer:

"Lord, I know Your Spirit abides in me and I know You have sent Him to comfort me, strengthen me and reveal the mind of Christ to me. So I turn to You right now in simple, childlike faith. Speak comfort to my heart because I have no strength left. Lift me up and lead me."

You are not going to faint! You are going to come out of your trial victorious, because your faith will have been tested and tried as gold. You will see the Lord fulfill every promise He has made to you!