SING AND REJOICE

There is so much bad news, so much division and distortion on all sides. Reports of depravity, terror, hatred and political turmoil seem to overload our senses.
In the midst of this restlessness and disorder, I hear God’s Word telling me to rejoice greatly and be glad.   
“Let the saints be joyful in glory; let them sing aloud upon their beds” (Psalm 149:5).
When was the last time you sang joyfully, out loud in your bed, before retiring?
“Let Israel rejoice in him that made him: let the children of Zion be joyful in their King” (Psalm 149:2).
When you can sing and rejoice in a time of great turmoil, you truly possess faith.
DON’T LOSE YOUR PEACE
If we listen to the so-called experts in the media, we may open ourselves to a spirit of unrest and anger. We can get caught up in issues that are not eternal but are soon to pass. I refuse to be caught up in the present political rage. I will go to the voting booth and cast my ballot, not according to my feelings but on the basis of biblical truth. I will vote calmly, without losing my peace or my love for lost humanity.
Most of all, I will obey God’s eternal Word and rejoice and be glad, no matter how fiercely the storms rage around me. We are told to sing and rejoice — and we must do so, knowing our God has promised to lead and protect us through it all.
“Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance” (Psalm 32:7).