THE SONG OF MOSES by Gary Wilkerson

Some reading this are saying, “I know God has given me a vision. He has given me a dream but my resources are too short to accomplish it.”

Moses said, “I don’t speak well enough” (Exodus 4:10). Others might say they don’t sing well enough or they don’t have leadership ability. But God says to you, “You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.” It is in the midst of being without resources that you see God’s glory.

I believe God sometimes withholds resources from us. He doesn’t do this to punish or hurt us but to reveal His glory, to show that He has everything we need — that He is in control of it all.

In Exodus 14 we see the children of Israel fleeing from Egypt as God sends them to camp by the Red Sea (Exodus 14:2). Camping by the sea at the right time is great but when you have an army of thousands of chariots and heavily-armed enemy soldiers coming after you, you might begin to think, “Uh-oh! This is not where I want to be right now. Maybe this is not the right time and place, God!”

When something like this happens there is a very strong temptation for us to begin to question God, to start saying, “Where are you, God? Why have You left me? Why aren’t You showing Yourself strong?”

We know the crossing of the Red Sea was a success! When the children of Israel crossed over to the other side, they began to sing what is called “The Song of Moses” or “The Song of Deliverance” out of Exodus 15:1-2 (ESV).

“I will sing to the LORD, for He has triumphed gloriously;
The horse and his rider He has thrown into the sea.
The Lord is my strength and my song
And He has become my salvation;
This is my God, and I will praise Him,
My father’s God, and I will exalt Him.”

This is our song, too!