I GREET YOU IN THE PRECIOUS NAME OF JESUS

God’s Spirit has moved me deeply to send you a note reminding you of the importance of being thankful to the Lord for all his love and blessings to us.  Giving him thanks is important, even in the midst of troubles and times of testing.

 

God had a controversy with Israel because they were not thankful for all his blessings and provision.  David understood that God loved to meet every need of his people, but he also knew the Lord wanted their thanksgiving.  David wrote, “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving” (Psalm 100:4).  We are to begin with thanks: “Offer unto God thanksgiving” (50:14).  “Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms (95:2).

 

In recent times of testing, I have found joy and relief in simply going before my Lord with thanksgiving.  I tell him I’m overwhelmed and that I’m grateful for all he has done for me in the past.  By doing this daily, my soul is lifted above the fray, my joy returns, and I am put at rest.

 

Have you been thankful to the Lord in recent days?  I ask you, aren’t there many things for which you can give him thanks?  Your salvation.  Your health.  The comfort and support of the Holy Spirit in your hardest times.  His past deliverances.

 

Paul tells us we should give thanks to God for what we have been taught.  His lessons have given us roots with which to withstand the devil in these times.  “Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as we have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving” (Colossians 2:7). 

 

The Lord is calling all of his people to a renewed outpouring of thanks, for all he has done for us.