KNOWING TIMES OF REFRESHING



I believe I am speaking to a number of godly people who love Jesus with all their heart and who are at a point of deep despair.
What is the way to victory?

1. Dive into God's Word. Lay hold of your special promise, take it into the secret prayer closet, and hold God to it. I present my favorite promises to God whenever I cry out to Him:
  • "What man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" (Matthew 7:9-11). 
Ask the Lord for good things for He is waiting to give them to you. Ask Him to set you free, to take away all your shame, to remove all the stain of sin. He longs to do it for you.
  • "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen" (Ephesians 3:20-21). 
Take this promise to God every day, saying, "Father, You said You would do well above everything I ask so today I'm asking You to over-answer my prayer." God is pleased by such faith!

2. Trust the Holy Spirit. The Father has sent His Spirit to reside in your heart but you must acknowledge that He is within you to answer. God doesn't have to send an angel to speak to you; He has already put His resources within you — the Holy Spirit Himself.

Say to Him, "Holy Spirit, You know the way out of this mess. I don't. It's completely beyond me. So I'm resigning right now and I give direction of my life to You. I know that what I'm going through is not uncommon to believers and I am going to hold the Lord to His great and precious promises. And then I will trust You to do the rest because You know the very mind of God!"

Dearly beloved, if you make this simple confession, you will know times of refreshing from the Lord. Even when you are ready to give up, He remains faithful to deliver you.