FEELINGS, THE MESSENGERS OF SATAN

I am so glad my feelings have no meaning. I am even more grateful they do not affect my salvation or my relationship to the Lord. When the enemy comes in like a flood, trying to drown me in depressing feelings and negative thoughts, I have a tendency to blame myself. I say to my heart, “Why am I cast down, O my soul? Why am I suddenly disquieted in spirit? Why so restless and irritable—when I don’t want to be? What evil thing have I done to deserve these negative, depressing feelings?”

My negative, blue feelings did not come from God so I don’t have to put up with them!

“For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).

I can reject every negative feeling because I know not one of them is from God. Feelings that make one afraid are not sent from heaven, they are messengers from the pits of hell! They are to be rejected and bound through the power of prayer and faith.

God is saying to us, “I didn’t give you these feelings of fear and doubt. Instead, I’ve given you a spirit of love, power, and authority.” He calls us to abolish these unwanted thoughts, bringing them into captivity and obedience to himself. We dare not allow our feelings to master us. We dare not permit them to linger and grow into roots of bitterness and doubt. We must come against them in the name of Christ the Lord and cast them down. We are commanded to do so!

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5).

Every downcast feeling is the fruit of a satanic seed of mistrust. It is the old serpent at work trying to make us question God’s faithfulness, question God’s care, question God! These lies are the seeds of negative feelings and God commands us to war against them.