THE SECRET WAR - Carter Conlon

The Bible clearly warns, “Today, if you can hear his voice, do not harden your heart as they did in the days of provocation” (see Hebrews 3:7-8). In other words, do not ask as Israel once did in her unbelief, “Can God furnish a table in this wilderness?” (see Psalm 78:19).
Do not question the Lord’s integrity or his commitment to you, even though you find yourself constantly battling in your mind. God told you that he would raise you up to be a testimony. He told you that he has allowed certain things in your life but that all things work together for good because you love him and are called according to his purpose.
And now the Lord is calling you to get up. He is calling you to lift your head and sing that song he has put within your heart. You are the Bride of Christ, and God stakes His reputation on keeping you and establishing a testimony of victory inside of you.
Therefore, settle it in your heart today: “He is my glory and the lifter of my head. Even though I might be depressed when I go to bed at night, he is the One who will lift my head in the morning. He is the One who will give me strength to go through another day. If God has planted a dream in my heart, it will become a reality, for he has set before me an open door that no man can close. No matter how many voices rise up against what God has spoken to me, I will not harden my heart in unbelief!”
So do not lose heart in the midst of the secret war you are fighting. Refuse to listen to the lies. Don’t give up! Rather, hear God’s voice calling you today. He will be faithful to supply all you need—strength to get through the day, courage to stand in the marketplace, faith to believe for all your needs.
Carter Conlon joined the pastoral staff of Times Square Church in 1994 at the invitation of the founding pastor, David Wilkerson, and was appointed Senior Pastor in 2001.