SITTING IN UNBELIEF - Carter Conlon

I am convinced that God is initiating something truly significant in this hour; he has decreed a moment of mercy for America. No matter how set against Christ people’s hearts have been in the past, God is now presenting an open window. And so I do not want to spend all my prayer life crying out, “Please, Lord.” Instead, I want to pray, “Yes, Lord,” and find out what my part is. “Yes, Lord, what do you want me to do? Yes, Lord, what do you want me to say? Yes, Lord, where do you want me to go?
When God chose Rebekah to become Isaac’s bride, she had to move from where she was and go to where God was calling her in order for his plan to be fulfilled (see Genesis 24:58). Similarly, God is speaking to people today, telling them to get up and out of certain things. So rather than constantly saying, “Please, Lord, give me the grace to get out of this relationship. Give me the grace to cease this practice,” it is time to start saying, “Yes, Lord, you have called me to something deeper. You have called me to be a person who can boast of you to the point where others cannot help but bow their heads and worship. So I am no longer going to say, ‘Please, Lord’ while merely sitting in unbelief. I am going to agree with you, get out of where I should not be, and go to where you are calling me!”
Perhaps you already know what God is asking you to do. If he has spoken to your heart, begin with those things. If the Lord is asking you to forgive, then forgive. If he is asking you to speak truth, then do so. Until you obey what he has already told you to do, the other leadings of the Lord will remain hidden.
Carter Conlon joined the pastoral staff of Times Square Church in 1994 at the invitation of the founding pastor, David Wilkerson, and was appointed Senior Pastor in 2001.