YOUR QUIET TRUST

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes, but its leaf will be green; and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit” (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
We see in verse eight that the one who trusts God during hard times is “planted.” He is deeply rooted, stabile and fruitful, always green with fresh life. When things in his life get dry and troublesome, he will not be afraid.
This person says, “Jesus, I give up looking to any person to bring me out of this trial. I turn to You alone! You are my only keeper, my only hope and I look to You to keep me strong and bring me through in victory.”
The Lord desires this kind of faith from us in our everyday lives. You may say, “But, Brother Dave, I’m still unemployed and things are really tight.” Yet I have to believe what we read in God’s Word: “Trust Me and you will be blessed.”
You may answer, “But I don’t know what I’m going to do. The storm is raging all around me and it looks totally hopeless. I don’t see any sign of help or deliverance.” And to all this God still says, “Trust Me, My child, and you will be blessed.”
Your trial may be with your family, your business, or your provision. But if you continue to put your total trust in His Word and His faithfulness, God promises to bless you. And He cannot lie!
When the heat comes, you will not be bothered. When the wind blows, you will stand strong. Why? Because you will have learned to trust Him in spite of all your unnerving circumstances. You will be a green tree bearing the abundant fruit of confidence, and everyone around you will be given hope and encouragement as they observe your quiet trust.