A WORD OF HOPE

For many months, I searched and studied the Scriptures, pleading with the Lord to give me a message of hope and encouragement for these hard times. My spirit cried out, “Lord, please speak a word to my heart for Your children, for You alone have the words of eternal life. Only You can speak a word of comfort to us in such times.”
The Holy Spirit answered my prayer, speaking the following to my heart:
“I am going to give you a single promise from my Word. And if you will commit your very life to it, this word will keep you through any and all perilous times.”
EMBRACE THE TRUTH
Beloved, I know if we will especially embrace this one verse, fully believing it, it will be a daily power-source of faith. Here is the promise the Spirit showed me:
“YOUR FATHER KNOWETH WHAT THINGS YE HAVE NEED OF, BEFORE YE ASK HIM” (Matthew 6:8).
In Luke 12, Jesus enumerates the things He says our heavenly Father knows we need. In short, those needs are: food, drink and clothing.
“Therefore, I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. . . . If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?” (Luke 12:22, 28).