WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IN A CHURCH?

Maybe you are looking for a church that will teach your children on Sunday mornings. Or perhaps you are looking for true fellowship. Maybe you're hungry for good praise and worship. Or you’re trying to meet some other deep need in your life.

Let me give you this word about God’s true Church: The Bible says you have been appointed as a royal priest unto the Lord. That’s right—you are to be a shepherd, a minister, a priest. And the true Church is to originate in your home.

The Bible says every believer has been called to a godly Zadok priesthood: “But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord God: they shall enter into my sanctuary, and they shall come near to my table, to minister unto me, and they shall keep my charge” (Ezekiel 44:15-16).

You do not have to go to Bible school or have an ordination paper hanging on your wall in order to be part of God’s royal priesthood. Everyone who has been washed in the blood of Jesus has been raised up as a priest unto the Lord.

I grew up in a family that observed what used to be called “family altar.” My father believed that the verse in Hebrews commanding Christians not to forsake corporate assembly was meant for families as well. Therefore, we were not to miss the family altar.

If my siblings and I were out playing with our friends when it came time for family altar, we always came in when our parents called out, “Prayer time!” Everyone in the neighborhood knew the Wilkersons were going to the altar!

My father happily took on the role of priest and shepherd in our home. But what about you? Have you searched your heart about being a priest to your family?