JUST BE STILL

Are you facing a severe crisis right now? You may ask, “What am I supposed to do when I’m brought into such a desperate situation? What should I do when everything appears hopeless — when there is no place to turn and no visible escape? What happens when I’m overcome with fear because everything is coming down all around me and I have no answers for my problems, no one to tell me how to get out of my trouble?”
Our Lord is not a hard taskmaster and when He sees us in a frightening, difficult situation, He longs to hear us cry out to Him. He is pleased with a prayer such as, “Lord, I’m afraid! You have always been faithful to deliver me and I know You have the power to deliver me now. Father, I commit my life into Your hands.”
Here is how God answered Israel when they faced a major crisis: “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. . . . The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace” (Exodus 14:13-14).
The Lord was saying to them, “The first matter you must deal with is your fear! I will fight for you and I will save and deliver you. Now, I want you to let that promise be your strength. Let it drive out all your fear!”
And He is saying the same to you today.