GOD IS CONCERNED

Satan has a strategy to deceive believers and make them doubt the faithfulness of God in answering prayer. He would have us believe that God has shut His ears to our cries and left us to work things out for ourselves.
A great tragedy in the Church today is that so few believe in the power and effectiveness of prayer. Without meaning to blasphere, multitudes of God’s people can be heard complaining, “I pray but I get no answers. I’ve prayed so hard for so long without any results. All I want is a little evidence that God is changing things. How long must I wait?” These believers no longer visit their secret place of prayer because they are convinced that their petitions, born in prayer, are somewhere miscarried at His throne. Others are convinced that only “spiritual giants” can get their prayers through to God.
In all honesty, many saints of God struggle with doubts: “If God’s ear is open to my diligent prayer, why is there such little evidence of His answering?” Have you been praying a certain prayer for a long time without receiving an answer? Have even years gone by and still you wait, hoping . . . yet wondering?
Let’s be careful not to charge God with being slothful, unconcerned about our needs and petitions, as Job did. Job complained, “I cry to you for help and you do not answer me; I stand, and you only look at me” (Job 30:20, ESV).
Job’s vision of God’s faithfulness was clouded by his present difficulties, and he ended up accusing God of forgetting him.
It is time for Christians to take an honest look at the reasons our prayers are aborted. We might be guiltyof charging God with neglect when all along our own behavior is responsible.
“Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land” (Psalm 37:34).