THE SPIRIT WILL RAISE UP A STANDARD

Those who don't pray, who are not ready, will not stand in the coming day of judgment. They will be overpowered by demon hordes! In Revelation 6:17 this question is asked, “For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” Every child of God who is shut in with Him during the indignation will stand. “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” (Ephesians 6:13). “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy” (Jude 24).

“When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him” (Isaiah 59:19). At times you may be unexpectedly attacked. You will be basking in the light, rejoicing, thanking Him, when out of nowhere you will be overwhelmed. It could be your temper because Satan will provoke you. It could be fear that comes in a sudden, unexpected flood. It may be sickness, knocking you down and robbing your strength. It could be an old lust you thought was conquered; you didn’t seek it but there it is! Or it might be the blues, depression. You don't even know what’s causing it, but suddenly you’re flooded with it.

But with David we can say, “I cried unto the Lord with my voice; with my voice unto the Lord did I make my supplication. I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me. I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me” (Psalm 142).