HE SEES EVERY STEP

Multitudes of Christians get up each morning facing indescribable problems—physical pain, emotional suffering, financial struggles. Many are so beset by trouble that they worry, "This is all too much for me to handle. I don't have the strength to fight these things anymore. How will I ever make it?"

Our ministry receives many letters from saints who endure extremely difficult circumstances daily. One godly woman wrote: "I've been married for over thirty-five years and I'm a grandmother. But now my family is being destroyed by my adulterous husband. He has been Spirit-filled and used by the Lord but now he is an embittered womanizer, full of lust late in life. Please pray for me. He has driven all love out of me, and I'm so unhappy. I don't think I can endure any longer."

Our heavenly Father sees every step of our lives and in spite of all our crises and difficulties, He commands us again and again in Scripture: "Fear not!" We are not to believe that our problems will cast us down and destroy us, because He is our shield.

"Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! And thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places” (Deuteronomy 33:29). God is telling us, "It is not true that I have forsaken you! I am not mad at you and have not left you to fend for yourself against your enemies. Those are all lies of Satan!"

No matter what crisis we face, what powerful difficulties lay ahead of us, our victory has been assured: "In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us" (Romans 8:37).

Does this mean we are to stand by and expect God to send an angel to slay all our enemies? No—never! Even though God has proclaimed our victory, He will not do our part for us.

We still must pick up a sword to fight the enemy. The difference is, we do it believing God has promised to empower us: "Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:57).

The Holy Spirit responds to our faith! When we call on Him, He comes upon us with supernatural power to mortify the deeds of the flesh. Our part is to have faith and then walk in the belief that God's Spirit will resist the power of evil coming against us.