HEALING THE TONGUE

The prophet Isaiah provides us with an example of how we can heal our tongue.

1. Isaiah drew near to the Lord and prayed for a vision of God’s holiness. “I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up” (Isaiah 6:1).

Anyone who wants to live pleasing to the Lord must constantly go into His presence until he obtains a vision of God’s holiness. All healing, all true blessings, all victories begin at His throne. That is where we see God in His holiness!

2. In God’s holy presence Isaiah was deeply convicted of having unclean lips. “Then I said: ‘Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts’” (6:5).

Why did Isaiah cry out, “I am a man of unclean lips”? It was because he had seen the King of Glory! Our transgressions become exceedingly sinful when we are in God’s presence. The light of His holy countenance exposes everything that is unlike Him!

3. Isaiah allowed the Lord to touch him and cleanse him with His holy fire. “Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said: ‘Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged’” (6:6-7).

God’s Word is a live coal and the Holy Spirit is its fire! Right now you have been touched by the Holy Spirit through this message and God wants to put His fire to your tongue and sanctify it. He can do it for you if you will let His Word convict you! He is the only One who can do it. Your part is simply to confess, as Isaiah did, “Woe is me, I am unclean!”

Let this word go straight to your heart and purge you with its fire. Confess, “Yes, it is me, Lord! I will not let this word pass me by! Purge my lips and my tongue. Cleanse my mouth and my heart!”