Dearly Beloved

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW.

 

The Bible says, “Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God” (Romans 10:17).  The word “hearing” here includes the reading of God’s Word and trusting in it without reservation.

 

As I sat down to write this, I heard the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit whisper to me that I could encourage many by setting before you a number of scriptural promises on which to anchor your faith.

 

I believe at least two of the following promises are especially for you at this particular time.  Your two promises will seem to leap up in your heart, and you will know the Lord has sent you his Word for your specific situation:

 

  • “There shall none of my words be prolonged any more, but the word which I have spoken shall be done, saith the Lord God” (Ezekiel 12:28).  
  • Here are two New Covenant promises: “Behold, I will bring health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth” (Jeremiah 33:6).  “And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me” (Jeremiah 33:8).
  • “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee” (Isaiah 43:2).
  • “Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?  I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43:18-19).
  • “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.  Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish” (Isaiah 41:10-11).
  • “He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor” (Proverbs 22:9).
  • “Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.  Our soul waiteth for the Lord; he is our help and our shield for our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name” (Psalm 33:18-21).

May God speak to you through his precious Word.