THE REVELATION OF CHRIST’S GLORY

You may wonder why Moses so earnestly sought a vision of God’s glory and I believe we find the reason in the following verse:
“There I will meet with the children of Israel, and the tabernacle shall be sanctified by my glory” (Exodus 29:43, my italics).
The word sanctified means “made clean.” God was saying, “As you worship Me, I will meet with you and give you My presence. And when you are in My presence I will reveal My glory to you. It will lift you above all your circumstances.”
So, where can we find this revelation of Christ? We find it only as we come to prayer trusting in God’s Word. Paul says as we allow Scripture to reflect to us an ever-increasing revelation of Jesus, we will be changed from glory to glory:
“We all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 3:18).
This revelation of Christ’s glory will provide a keeping power for our lives: “Upon all the glory shall be a defense” (Isaiah 4:5, my italics). In other words, His glory will keep us heavenly minded in our worst hour.
What God is telling us here is to take time to get to know His Son. We are to search the Word and turn daily to prayer. Then, as we abide in His presence, our eyes will begin to open to His glory. It is all revealed in Christ. Jesus is the full revelation of His love, grace, mercy and tender kindness.