GOING TO GETHSEMANE

Peter’s bold faith enabled him to walk on water to get to Jesus on the sea. But when Peter saw the waves rising around him, he began to sink, and suddenly this fearless disciple panicked and cried out, “Lord, save me!” (Matthew 14:30).

Jesus reached out and caught Peter, saying to him, “O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?” (14:31). Make no mistake; Christ was not wearing a smile when He spoke these words to Peter. He was deeply grieved over His close friend’s unbelief and was demanding, “Why did you doubt Me, Peter? Am I not the Almighty Lord?”

DON’T WAIT FOR A CRISIS

Like Peter, we may move boldly in faith for years before a crisis comes that causes us to fix our eyes on our condition. Worsening circumstances can cause a sense of panic to overtake us, and we think we are going to sink. Yet, all the time God is within our reach.

I asked the Holy Spirit to show me how to move unbelief out of my life, praying, “Lord, how do I cast this mountain out of my heart? How do I rid my soul of everything that hinders Your miracle-working power?” He whispered to me: “If you want authority over every doubt and fear, there is a place you must go.”

THE PLACE FOR ANSWERS 

The answer is found in only one place: Gethsemane.

Gethsemane was the garden where Jesus went to pray when His trial became crushing and His cup overwhelmed Him (see Matthew 26:36-46). 
  • He wept out His deepest sorrows before the Father 
  • He won the battle over every evil principality and power 
  • It is where all obstacles must obey His Word 
You may have to meet Him at a place of tears but you will come into victory.