PROMISES TO RENEW AND STRENGTHEN

I am convinced that right now the faith of the Body of Christ is under fierce satanic attack.

We know that Satan has always brought intense attacks against God’s people, causing awful suffering. For centuries, the blood of martyrs has been spilled. Godly saints like Job have been tried severely. But the onslaught against the faithful we see today is Satan’s last stand.

Just as wickedness abounds around the world today, so do the afflictions and trials of God’s Church. We’re seeing an unprecedented barrage of sickness, affliction, trouble after trouble, one problem after another—all of which make an overcoming life seem impossible to any believer.

Our faith and strength may grow weak, but in our times of weakness, God has given us marvelous promises to renew and strengthen us. Here are some of His promises that sustain me:
  • “God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. . . . He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; he delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me. . . . He is a buckler [protector] to all them that trust in him” (2 Samuel 22:33, 17-18, 31).
  • “Thou hast girded me with strength to battle” (2 Samuel 22:40).
  • “The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace” (Psalm 29:11).
  • “The God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God” (Psalm 68:35).
  • “Forsake me not when my strength faileth. . . . I will go in the strength of the Lord God” (Psalm 71:9, 16).
  • “Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee. . . . They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God” (Psalm 84:5, 7).
Do you believe your God is strong, as the Psalmist declares? If He is, no power can stand before Him. Commit everything into His mighty hand of strength and He will make a way. Most of all, believe His word: “In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul” (Psalm 138:3).