SOLD OUT TO HIS KINDNESS by Nicky Cruz

From the moment I gave my heart to Jesus, I have known how little I was capable of bringing to our relationship. There are so many people more talented than me, more eloquent in the pulpit, smoother in their delivery, more knowledgeable in theology. People with greater gifts to lay at the feet of Jesus. But what I do bring is a heart that is completely and wholly sold out to His kindness! I’m so in love with Jesus that at times I feel as if my chest will burst from my body. My bones aren’t large enough to contain my adoration. My vocabulary can’t express the depth of my worship! My words can never do justice to the love and devotion I feel in my heart. There are times when I cry in agony because I can’t fully express my love!

When I read the psalms of David, I feel such a kinship. I wish I had his ability to communicate his feelings for God with such eloquence and grace. I wish I could write as he does. Play the harp as he could play. I can’t say that I share his talent, but I do think I share his heart. I know what he was going through. I understand what he must have felt, sitting alone in his cold, dark palace, longing for simpler days. Longing for God’s nearness and favor.

And that’s why God loved him so. That’s why God called David a man after His own heart.
Can you imagine a greater compliment? Can you think of something God could possible say about someone to bring more weight? God loved David’s heart. He connected with him. The two were one in the most intimate and powerful way possible. God related to David, not because of his looks or deeds or strength, but because of the state of his heart. The love in his spirit.

Is there a higher level of communion with our Creator? Can a person get any closer to God than to share the intimacy and thoughts of his heart? Don’t we all long to have God say to us, “I love your heart”?


__________

Nicky Cruz, internationally known evangelist and prolific author, turned to Jesus Christ from a life of violence and crime after meeting David Wilkerson in New York City in 1958. The story of his dramatic conversion was told first in The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson and then later in his own best-selling book Run, Baby, Run