SHOW US YOUR GLORY by Gary Wilkerson

Peter and John were walking to the Temple when they encountered a crippled beggar. Hearing the man’s pleas for alms, Peter responded, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!” (Acts 3:6, ESV).

The beggar was healed instantly! It was a miracle that had a resounding effect: “While he clung to Peter and John, all the people, utterly astounded, ran together to them in the portico called Solomon’s” (3:11). Here was yet another amazing scene of God’s glory manifesting.

The healed man “clung” to Peter and John. The image here is of someone hanging on for dear life, clutching unashamedly. It is as if this man was saying, “God’s presence is real! I have sat here for years, begging for help, but I never experienced anything like this. He has stirred my soul beyond anything I’ve ever known!”

God loves a heart that clings to Him and pursues Him crying, “Lord, Your glory is too great to let it pass by. I cling to the hope You give me—hope for healing, for transformation, for Your presence in my life and my world.”

“All the people” came to see what had happened (3:11). When God reveals His glory in power, the response will not be trifling. The greatness of His power demands the attention of everyone around.

Suppose this beggar’s miraculous healing had happened at the church where I pastor. We would not be able to buy enough chairs to accommodate the throngs that would come. I am not referring only to gawkers who love a spectacle. We are all hungry for the touch of God in our lives. Believers and nonbelievers alike are hurting today, wandering like sheep without a shepherd, hungering for what is real. So when God’s glory manifests, bringing newness of life, it draws the attention of all, not just a few.

“All the people [were] utterly astounded” (3:11). When the people saw that the beggar was healed, they marveled, “Nothing we know compares to this. Surely God is in this place!”

Let me ask: Do you want more from your life in God? Do you want His glory to come into your home, your marriage, your children’s lives, and transform things so that all are astounded? Guess what—that is what God wants! He wants you to be astounded by His glory and transformed by it. And He wants the world around you to be amazed as His glorious power brings new life to situations where defeat has been the rule.