LONGING FOR THE COMING OF THE LORD

Have you been longing and yearning for the coming of the Lord? Do you yearn for the day when He will appear?

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13). "Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:8).

This world is not our home. But I ask you: Are you putting down roots or are you pulling up roots, praying that Jesus will keep your heart awake?

Have God's enemies become your enemies? Are you engaged in the battle against those who oppose God? Have you taken up His fight against the flesh, the world and the devil?

Yes, Jesus said we are to love our enemies but what about His enemies, those who hate Him, refuse His grace and mercy, and defame His name and drag it through filth? We are not to hate men but we are to hate the sin that is in their hearts and the demonic powers that rule them. We are to hate the wickedness that is in the world!

Have you made a habit of forsaking the house of God? "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25).

It is no accident that the very next verse in this passage refers to "willful sinning" after the truth has been revealed. “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins” (Hebrews 10:26).

It is a proven historical fact: People become most careless and neglectful just prior to judgment and calamity.

If you have judged yourself and come up short, then from your heart pray this: “Jesus, I need to be forgiven. I confess all my sin. I’ve neglected You, Lord. I have not put You first but from this day forward I make You my life—my everything!”