FILLED WITH HOPE, JOY AND PEACE!

If you want the peace of God to reign in your life, you have to quit several things:

  • You must quit trying to figure out how God will work everything out.
  • You must quit worrying and fretting: “Be anxious for nothing...” (Philippians 4:6).
  • You must quit telling God what you think is right for you.
  • And most of all, you must quit thinking you are a failure; stop thinking you do not please God!

One of Satan’s most effective traps for robbing Christians of peace is to convince them they must strive in the flesh to please God. He springs this on me all the time!

Sometimes when I need a quiet place to pray, I get in my car and drive to a secluded spot. I can praise the Lord and enjoy His presence while looking out over green fields and forests. But sometimes the thought hits me that I am not doing anything for the Lord!

I pray, “Lord, I’m just not accomplishing much for Your kingdom. All I do is pray, get messages for sermons, and go to church and preach. The whole world is going to hell, and I’m not doing anything for You!”

Have such thoughts ever hit you? You do everything you can in order to please the Lord, yet you do not feel holy. I hardly ever feel holy. That is true even in my best times—even when I am preaching under the Spirit’s anointing!

You say, “You, Brother Dave? You feel at times as if you’re not doing much for God?” Yes! The devil comes in and makes us all feel unworthy, unfulfilled. And we lose our peace by giving in to these awful feelings!

Listen to Paul’s prayer for us: “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13).

Trust in His goodness. Believe in His love and mercy. Do not accuse Him of being angry or upset with you or of not speaking to you. Let His peace rule in your heart and over your whole life!