CONTINUE TO WORSHIP

Moses had a disposition like many of us today so there was only one way for him to stay in victory. He continually communed with the Lord: “And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend” (Exodus 33:11). I believe the secret to holiness is very simple: Stay close to Jesus! Keep looking into his face, until you become like the image you behold.

One evening a hysterical woman stopped me on the street and blurted out a desperate confession. “Mr. Wilkerson,” she cried, “I’m facing the darkest hour of my life and I don’t know which way to turn. My husband has left me and it’s all my fault! I have failed God and my family. What in the world am I going to do?”

I was moved to tell her, “My friend, lift up your hands right here on this street corner, and begin to worship the Lord. Tell him you know you are a failure, but you still love him. Then go home and get on your knees. Don’t ask God for a thing, just lift your hands and your heart and worship him.”

I left that lady standing on the street with her hands raised to heaven, tears rolling down her cheeks, praising the Lord and already tasting the victory that was surging back into her life. “But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel” (Psalm 22:3). The Lord makes his dwelling with his people who are worshipping, and where the Lord is, victory follows.

Christ says: “Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out” (John 6:37).

“Come unto me, all ye [failures] that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).

Don’t be afraid of failure. Keep going in spite of it. Worship God until victory comes! This may sound like an oversimplification, but the way past failure actually is simple.