GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU IN PEACE
The Holy Spirit prompted me to read Exodus 12, which contains the account of Israel’s deliverance from Egypt.
On the door of every Israelite home, the blood of a lamb was stricken on the two side-posts and lintel. This was to protect God’s people from the passing angel of death. When the day came, a multitude of Israelites marched out of captivity, including 600,000 men plus women and children. “The self same day…all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt” (Exodus 12:41).
In the next chapter, I stopped at verse 3, which reads: “For by strength of hand the Lord brought you out from this place” (Exodus 13:3). God’s people were delivered by the Lord’s strength alone, not by human means.
David declares, “God is my strength and power: and maketh my way perfect… He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; he delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me…He is a buckler [protector] to all them that trust in him” (Samuel 22:33, 17, 18, 31).
Our faith and strength may grow weak, but in our times of weakness God has given us marvelous promises to renew and strengthen us:
- “Thou hast girded me with strength to battle” (2 Samuel 22:40).
- “They that stumbled are girded with strength” (1 Samuel 2:4).
- “The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace” (Psalm 29:11).
- “The God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God” (Psalm 68:35).
- “Forsake me not when my strength faileth… I will go in the strength of the Lord God” (Psalm 71:9, 16).
- “Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee… They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God” (Psalm 84:5, 7).
Beloved, do you believe our God is strong? If he is strong, no power can stand before him. Therefore, commit everything into his mighty hand of strength and power. He will make a way. Most of all, believe this word: “In the day when I cried you answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul” (Psalm 138:3).
God love and bless you.