YOU WILL SURVIVE

Happiness does not mean living without pain or hurt—not at all. True happiness is learning how to live one day at a time, in spite of sorrow and pain. It is learning how to rejoice in the Lord, no matter what has happened in the past.

You may feel rejected and abandoned. Your faith may be weak and you think you are down for the count. Sorrow, tears, pain, and emptiness may swallow you up at times, but God is still on the throne. He is still God!

Convince yourself that you will survive. You will come out of it and, live or die, you belong to the Lord. Life does go on and it will surprise you how much you can bear with God’s help.

You cannot help yourself or stop the pain, but our blessed Lord will come to you. He will place his loving hand under you and lift you up to sit again in heavenly places. He will deliver you from the fear of dying and he will reveal his endless love for you.

Look up! Encourage yourself in the Lord. When the fog surrounds you and you can’t see any way out of your dilemma, lie back in the arms of Jesus and simply trust him. He has to do it all! He wants your faith and your confidence. He wants you to cry aloud, “Jesus loves me! He is with me! He will not fail me! He is working it all out, right now! I will not be cast down! I will not be defeated! I will not be a victim of Satan! I will not lose my mind or my direction. God is on my side! I love him and he loves me!”

The bottom line is faith. And faith rests on this one absolute: “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper…” (Isaiah 54:17).